What to expect before Stress Test
- The patient will be asked several questions about medical history, medication and symptoms.
- Since the test consist of walking on the treadmill machine comfortable clothing (preferably jogging pants and loose shirt) and shoes should be worn, occasionally.
- An echocardiogram may be performed as well or an injection may be given to the vein to assess the blood supply to the heart muscle.
- The patient should bring all the medication they are taking on the date of their appointment.
- Small pads (electrodes) will be placed on the chest of the patient to monitor the heart.
- Before exercise begin, ECG will be made supine, sitting, standing and hyperventilation.
Speak with our Contact Center for assistance