Pulmonology department at Bahrain Specialist Hospital aims at helping patients with Obstructive Pulmonary Disease to slow the progression of the disease and improve the quality of life.
The doctors are well experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of various airway and lung diseases like asthma, COPD, Pulmonary infection, Pleural diseases etc. Services of specialized clinics such as allergy & asthma clinic, smoking & cessation clinic and lung cancer screening clinic, etc. provide personalized care for a comprehensive range of health issues.
The department offers comprehensive consultative evaluation, diagnosis and treatment to patients with respiratory tract, lungs and airway diseases. We strive to provide access to the latest advances in pulmonology and sleep medicine with the help of world‐class medical equipment. We isolate the source of the problems and treat it to prevent chronic lung conditions which might lead to significant health problems. Breathing disorders sleep apnoea (sleep disorder) and allergies can be cured completely under the skilled pulmonologists at the department. Specialized care is offered for sleep disorder with the support of Sleep Lab facility.
Diagnostic Scope of Services include:
- Asthma & Copd diagnosis & treatment
- Covid-19 Pneumonia & other viral infections
- Management of Mechanical ventilation in ICU
- Management of Non-invasive ventilation in ICU
- Tracheotomy care, management & decannulation.
- Ultrasound guided Pleural fluid aspiration (Thoracocentesis)
- Inter coastal tube insertion and management
- FLEXIBLE BRONCHOSCOPY (DIAGNOSTIC & THERAPEUTIC)
- Broncho-alveolar lavage & Whole lung lavage
- Trans bronchial needle aspiration
- Trans bronchial lung biopsy
- POLYSOMNOGRAPHY- SLEEP STUDY
- In-Hospital Sleep study & interpretation
- Home Sleep study & interpretation
- CPAP Device & Bipap Device settings
- Pulmonary rehabilitation & Vaccination
- Smoking cessation counselling & treatment.
Speak with our Contact Center for assistance