NUTRITION FOR BREAST FEEDING
- Eating well when breastfeeding helps you feel your best, recover from labour and birth and get all the nutrients and energy you need.
- Drink plenty of fluids, particularly fluids every time your baby breast feeds.
- Drink water 8-10 cups/day, add to that the juices and herbal teas (Anis, Zhorat, Chamomile).
- Cut down on caffeine not to exceed 2 cups/day.
- Fruits and vegetables should add up to 6 servings/day (eg. 2 fruits & 2 cups salad).
- Do not take any artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid all raw meats, fish.
- Avoid all gas forming foods: raw onion, raw garlic, cauliflower, radish, legumes, and anything that you might be intolerant to.
- Eat meat, chicken, and fish at least once/day (rich in Iron).
- Eat small meal and snacks every 2-3 hrs.
- Avoid skipping meals.
- Before taking any new medicine consult with your Doctor & inform them that you are breastfeeding.
Speak with our Contact Center for assistance